Who must enroll?
Most people with a Department of Healthcare & Family Services (HFS) medical card are required to enroll in a HealthChoice Illinois health plan. If you are required to enroll, you will get an enrollment packet in the mail. It will ask you to choose a health plan and primary care provider (PCP) for you and your family. You can also find out if you are required to enroll by calling us at 1-877-912-8880 (TTY: 1-866-565-8576). The call is free.
Who does not have to enroll?
You may not have to enroll in a health plan if:
- You have private health insurance that covers hospital and doctor visits
- You are in the Spenddown Program
- You are getting temporary medical benefits
- You are in an All Kids Premium Level 2 case
- You get care in the Illinois Breast and Cervical Cancer Program
- You are in a Veterans Care case